Monday, October 3, 2011

Redwall Book Report

Journal of Matthias

from Redwall by Brian Jacques

(Matthias is a mouse who wants to be a warrior.)

Journal Entry #1

I am so mad! A rat came today and started telling us what we had to do to surrender. He was in our abbey too. We could kill him at any time. Yet he was telling us what to do.


Journal Entry #2

Now I am madder than ever! Our portrait of Martin the Warrior has been stolen! From right under our noses too. We really need to fight better than this. If they can get in and out then we are not doing a very good job of defending our abbey.


Journal Entry #3

At least a little bit of good came out of Martin being cut out and stolen. Behind where the picture was, there was a poem that gave hints about where Martin's sword was at. We found another poem under the abbey. That also helped us find the sword. It was on top of the abbey.


Journal Entry #4

Today Jess squirrel went to get the sword. But there was no sword! Jess even saw the wires that would have kept the sword in place. On her way down, she got attacked by sparrows. One of the young sparrows got hit down by an arrow.


Journal Entry #5

The sparrow says its name is Warbeak. My friend found a way to the top from the inside. He also figured out that the sparrow king has Martin's sword. I am taking Warbeak up there to look for the sword. I hope we get rid of the rats soon. I am getting tired of this war.


Journal Entry #6

I didn't like it up at the top of the abbey. The sparrows kept me captive. At least I know where the sword is now. A snake has it. I will try to go and get the sword from the snake.


Journal Entry #7

I went and asked an owl what it knows about the snake. Lucky me, he even knows where the snake's house is at. I should get there soon. I hope it has the sword. If it doesn’t, I don't know where I'll look next.


Journal Entry #8

Today was an exciting day for me, a lot more exciting than I hope to have in a long time. Today I fought the snake. Luckily, I killed it. It was exciting, yet very scary. I hope never to fight a snake again. I found Martin the Warrior’s great sword. So at least I gained something. Now we will win the rats for sure. We will finally be done with fighting.


Journal Entry #9

Today we finally got rid of the rats. They were in the abbey when we got there. They had tied everyone all up. We got there just in time to get Redwall back. I personally killed Clunly, their leader.

Journal Entry #10

I have been made the warrior of Redwall! Everything is back to normal. At last we are done fighting. I have had a son called Mattimeo. He even tries to lift my sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment